Tuesday, October 15, 2013

We are 100!


50 + 40 + 10 = 100


It was Justin's idea to have our "family birthday". The math is super easy this year -- we are lucky enough to eventually have the same last number in our ages each year! This year, we were 100 for a few months between my 40th and Justin's 51st (in just a few days). Such a unique date calls for celebration! We went to a family restaurant with simple but very tasty country cuisine where each of us ordered something different. For example, I love liver and very rarely have an opportunity to eat it, maybe just once every one or two years. What we did share was a slice of absolutely wonderful corn bread which tastes more like cake really!





It was a lovely autumn day, and we enjoyed sun and pretty leaves while taking a stroll in small picturesque town (photos of my outfit coming up soon). 

The cute Pumpkin Spice cupcakes which you see on the first photo were from our local grocery store. So yummy! The store manager, a very friendly easy going guy, was surprised to hear about our little tradition of family birthdays, and just said, "Awesome, guys! I think more people need to do that!" :)

Happy 100, my family!

And what about your family? How old are you guys? :)


4 comments:

  1. That is an intriguing post's title! When I saw it I wondered what it would be about. Nice idea of your husband to celebrate your family's 100 years! I counted mine - much older, 123 for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 123 is such a beautiful number too! Celebrate it! Start a new family tradition!! :)

      Delete